5 things every sales manager should know
The sales manager within your organization has a big responsibility, regardless of the products or services you’re actually selling. Along with sales manager training in Austin TX, there are 5 key factors every sales manager should know in order to do their job for maximum effectiveness.
1. Knowledge is power: Your sales manager should know everything about the department; this includes everyone on the sales teams, the weakest players, the strongest players, how many leads each one has at any one time, and solid sales figures each month.
2. Have a playbook: Your sales manager needs to have a playbook that everyone ‘plays’ by. This should include standard practices within your organization, tips, tricks, and equitable sales tactics. One playbook ensures that your entire sales team works under a standard set of rules. This allows for a more cohesive department and better results overall.
3. Know who your best sales people are: Sales managers should know who their best sales people are within the department, and who may need help. This doesn’t mean they should fire their weakest players; but it may mean spending more resources to train them.
4. Educate your sales team: Sales team members should have access to regular training and motivational resources, whether online or in a classroom setting. There are reputable training companies that can produce results and help increase your bottom line as an organization.
5. Quotas are critical to success: The sales manager should set quotas for the entire team, on a monthly basis. This gives the team a baseline to work with, and can set up a friendly competitive environment.
Sales manager training in Austin TX can be beneficial not just for your sales department, but for your entire organization. Choose SELLect Sales Development, Inc. for sales manager training because they focus on customer mind, and not one that simply points at facts and figures all day long. For more information visit www.sellectsales.com.