A Sellers and Buyers Guide to Radon Mitigation Services
Today, you would be hard pressed to find someone who hasn’t heard of radon gasses or the fact that it is poisoning many homes in America. One of the main things that happen today is buyers wanting any home they are apt to buy tested by reputable radon mitigation services before they decide to go ahead with the purchase. Still, radon testing can get a bit confusing for the seller and the buyer in these cases. Read on below for a simple guide to help you out whether you are buying a home or are the one that has your home on the market for sale.
Below you can find out what the EPA, environmental protection agencies, recommendations are on radon and radon mitigation services.
- Whether you are buying or selling a home, it is a good idea to have it tested for radon gasses.
- If you are buying a new home, then make sure to ask if radon-resistant features were used in the construction. Even then it is a good idea to have the home tested anyway, just to be safe.
- If the radon level of a home is four, then it needs to be fixed, and the levels lowered.
- If the radon level is below four still needs to be reduced because it is still a risk to your health.
- Make sure that there is no interference when conducting a radon test on your home.
These are just a few of the recommendations of the EPA for buyers and sellers when it comes to radon testing. You want to be safe either way you go, so contact the professionals at SWAT Environmental today for help setting up the testing for your home.