Dekalb Personal Injury Lawyers Will Argue Your Case in Court

If you were hurt in a personal injury type of accident such as a car accident or a slip and fall, then you likely want to file a lawsuit. This is something you shouldn’t try to do by yourself, and instead you should hire one of the Dekalb personal injury lawyers from Fisk & Monteleone LTD.

We Know How to Build Your Case

Lawyers are trained to know exactly how to use the rules and regulations regarding personal injury accidents to know how to make the best defense argument for their clients. That’s why we at Fisk & Monteleone always make sure that our attorneys are current in their training and so they are always ready to help their clients win a case as Dekalb personal injury lawyers.

Defense in Personal Injury Cases

When it comes to determining the exact kind of defense argument to make in a personal injury case, Dekalb personal injury lawyers are aware that they normally are related to these two things:

  • What the plaintiff did in regards to the accident, i.e. their role in how it happened.
  • What the plaintiff didn’t do after the accident occured, i.e. did they immediately get medical attention.

Comparative Negligence is What States Use in Personal Injury Lawsuits

Most US states use “comparative negligence” rules in determining fault in personal injury lawsuits. This is a method of calculating the damages using a formula that takes each person’s fault degree into consideration after an accident occurs.

For instance, if a person gets in a car wreck and it is determined that one person is 25 percent at fault and the other person is 75 percent at fault, the result would be that if the first driver filed a lawsuit, any money they got would be reduced by 25 percent since they were partly responsible for the wreck. Dekalb personal injury lawyers know exactly how to use this formula so that their clients will understand the potential awarding of damages in court.

The bottom line is that if you have been injured in an accident and it wasn’t your fault, then you should be discussing your case with one of the professional and skilled Dekalb personal injury lawyers at Fisk & Monteleone right away. Call us now for an appointment!

Be the first to like.

Be Sociable, Share!

    Author: Phineas Gray

    Share This Post On

    Submit a Comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    four × 3 =

    Shares