Domestic Violence in Salisbury, MD: When You Can be Convicted
There is no state in the United States where domestic violence is considered to be okay. There are different rules in different states; however, it is illegal in all of them. If you are the victim of Domestic Violence in Salisbury MD, then you will want to get a lawyer as soon as possible and get out of the relationship as quickly as possible. Below you will find some ways that you can protect yourself and your family if you are a victim of domestic violence.
In an Emergency
If you are in your home and threatened with Domestic Violence in Salisbury MD, then you should try your best to follow the tips below.
1. Try to stay away from area that is the kitchen, the person trying to hurt you can find weapons such as knives in this area.
2. Stay away from any area that is small like the bathroom, pantries, and any small closets where it will be easy for the person to corner you.
3. If you can get a phone, try to lock the person trying to hurt you outside so that you can make a call. If there is a window or door, try your best to get to safety.
4. Call 911 as soon as you are able, and try to stay on the phone with them until help arrives.
Protect Yourself at Home
If you are in your home and the abuser has been forced to move out, you will still want to make sure that you have a safety plan in place. Read on below for some tips on how to implement one.
1. Memorize emergency phone numbers and make sure that you know exactly where to get help.
2. Make sure that you keep a phone in some room of the house that you can lock from the inside. If at all possible, get a cell phone that you keep charged and on you at all times.
These are just a few tips for surviving a domestic violence situation. If you have been charged with criminal violence, then you will want to hire a Criminal Defense Lawyer right away as well. Domestic violence is a serious charge and you need all the help you can get.