Facts About Teeth Whitening Procedures
Teeth whitening in Chesterfield is a common practice among cosmetic dentists and many people have the procedure done every year. When it comes to the process of whitening teeth there are many facts that few people are aware of:
1. Your teeth absorb fluids like a sponge- this means they stain easily when things like tea, soda or wine are consumed in large quantities without proper rinsing and brushing.
2. Whitening your teeth affects only the enamel- the outermost covering of the teeth is what gets bleached in the whitening process.
3. The better the delivery device the better the whitening- this is why in-offer treatments are faster and show better results than at-home whitening options.
4. Some sensitivity after treatment is normal- the sensitivity is usually temporary and fades quickly
5. UV treatments are temporary- this treatment method give fast and brilliant results but quickly fades
6. All teeth whitening treatments fade- the results of any treatment will eventually fade over time because there are still elements working to discolor the teeth daily.
7. Teeth whitening takes time- it is not a one tie treatment or an overnight process so patience is key to getting true results.
8. Artificial teeth cannot be treated- dentures, veneers, crowns, and other implants cannot be whitened
9. Few people have perfectly white teeth- many times people have a vision of snow white teeth but most people never can achieve that level of whiteness.
10. Teeth whitening has been around for hundreds of years and can be traced back to ancient records.
For more information on teeth whitening in Chesterfield and the surrounding areas, head over to Chesterfield Family Dentistry and schedule your first appointment today! Nicer whiter looking teeth can be yours, all it takes is one call to get started!