Fun Facts About Steel Recyclers in Baltimore MD
By way of recycling steel, the environment is benefited in many ways. Steel Recyclers in Baltimore MD provide a great service, but there are also a wide array of fun trivia tidbits about steel recycling that many people may not be aware of. Here are just a few of them.
- Every second in the United States, more than 600 steel cans are recycled and given a new purpose. In fact, enough steel cans are recycled each year that 200 Eiffel Towers could be built from the reclaimed material.
- Steel recycling resulted in almost two and a half tons of steel being recycled from major home appliances. To visualize such an amount, this much steel could build 88 brand new baseball stadiums.
- 13 million cars are recycled each year. This many cars lined up bumper to bumper would circle the entire planet Earth almost two times.
- Recycling steel is a huge boon to the country’s economy. Annual sales in the steel recycling industry reach almost $4 billion, and there are approximately 40,000 jobs in the sector, spanning across almost 7,000 individual businesses, including steel recyclers in Baltimore MD.
- Even new steel products contain recycled steel. The steel that is recycled can be found in everything from cars and appliances to construction equipment and materials used for packaging. That is a broad spectrum of use.
- As far as the objects that get recycled the most, automobiles reign supreme with Americans recycling 97% of scrap metal coming from autos. Appliances come in second with 81% being recycled and steel cans coming in third at 61% being recycled for the betterment of the planet.
- 69% of all steel in the country is recycled each other which is more than all of the paper, plastic, glass, and aluminum that is recycled combined.
- Manufacturing products by using recycled steel instead of virgin ore reduces pollution and waste significantly. Mining wastes are reduced by 97%, air pollution is cut by 86% and the pollution of water is diminished by 76%.
Browse Midatlanticmetals.com for more information if in the market to recycle any form of steel that may be owned. They are experts in knowing what can and cannot be recycled and can give the best prices for scrap metal in the recycling industry today.