Seeing the Right Cosmetic Dentist in Oyster Bay NY
Cosmetic dentistry is a set of treatments whose main objective is to improve the aesthetics of the teeth and gums, but at the same time give off a natural look. Cosmetic dentistry improves your smile, no doubt about that. However, there are many dentists who have decided to specialize in this type of treatment and who have made their expertise in cosmetic dentistry. Many dental clinics have at least one Cosmetic Dentist in Oyster Bay NY with significant training and experience in cosmetic treatments.
Any patient should be able to see before and after photos of treatments performed on other patients. Dentists specialized in cosmetic dentistry can perform countless treatments that improve the appearance of a smile. Many of these techniques not only help enhance the aesthetic appeal of a smile, but it also improves the functionality of said smile. The most common aesthetic treatments in dentistry are:
* Teeth whitening: This treatment is designed to whiten teeth and is probably the most sought after cosmetic dentistry procedure. This treatment is completed in a single visit and provides good results.
* Dental veneers: Veneers are thin layers of custom-manufactured composite or porcelain that are placed on the front teeth to change the shape and color of teeth. They can cover gaps between teeth, cracks and breaks mask or lengthen teeth.
* Dental implants: These go beyond just restoring functionality to a smile, as it is certainly a treatment that clearly improves the aesthetics too.
* Crown lengthening: A lack of or excess gums are two issues that clearly affect the aesthetics of a smile. With crown lengthening and other gingival treatments, these disadvantages can be improved.
* Aesthetic fillings: Old silver fillings can be replaced by a safer choice for health and beauty again: composite fillings.
How long will the results last? A Cosmetic dentist in Oyster Bay NY will explain the details of each case, but know that in most treatments, its duration depends largely on good dental care carried out by the patient. How much do cosmetic dental procedures cost? The price of treatments varies widely by the procedure. Contact Locust Valley Dental Group to learn more.