What to Know Before Hiring Commercial Auto Insurance Services in Altoona PA
Commercial auto insurance is essential for businesses that utilize trucks, vans and cars as their main source of income. With vehicles always on the road, there may be instances where a driver can get into accidents or where the vehicle may be damaged due to harsh climatic conditions. When this happens, having the right commercial insurance policy to cover the damages is very helpful.
Just like a personal auto insurance policy, commercial vehicle insurance provides similar coverage, such as comprehensive, collision, liability and uninsured motorist coverage. However, there are also differences between the two policies that may include definitions, coverages, exclusions, and limits. By hiring the right Commercial Auto Insurance Services in Altoona PA, a business owner can be able to choose the right commercial vehicle insurance policy that matches well with needs and budget. Here are some important details to know about the five types of commercial vehicle insurance coverage
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This pays for injuries or property damages caused by the an insured or hit ad run driver. In some cases, the uninsured motorist coverage may also include the under-insured motorist coverage.
- Personal Injury Or Medical Payments Coverage: It pays for the medical bills of the driver and passengers who are injured in a covered accident regardless of fault.
- Body Injuries Liability Coverage: It provides protection against bodily injury caused by an incident that was due to the driver’ s fault and may also provide the business with a legal defense.
- Combined Single Limit Coverage (CSL): This form of coverage provides separate limits that apply to bodily claims for property damages. The policy offers the same amount of coverage both for property damages and physical injuries.
- Property Damages Liability Coverage: It offers protection if a commercial vehicle accidentally damages another person property. It may also provide the insured with a legal defense.
These are just some of the important details to know before hiring Commercial Auto Insurance Services in Altoona PA. To get the best commercial auto insurance policy at a reasonable rate, consider hiring an experienced insurance agent to provide the necessary support and counsel. For additional details about commercial auto insurance coverage and how to contact a reputable insurance agent, go to TheBoyerAgency.com.