Emergency Dentist in Kalamazoo, MI: Handing Dental Emergencies When Traveling
There is nothing much worse than leaving on vacation far away from home and suddenly developing a toothache. You can be sure that you won’t be able to find a dentist within miles and can’t get back to find an Emergency Dentist Kalamazoo MI. So what should you do when you have a toothache on vacation and can’t find a dentist?
Read on for some tips on how to deal with a dental emergency while waiting to find an Emergency Dentist Kalamazoo MI.
Prevention goes a Long Way
When it comes to avoiding having a toothache while traveling, it is important to know that prevention goes a long way. It is a good idea to schedule a dental checkup right before you leave on your trip, so that you can take care of any unforeseen emergencies before you climb on the plane to take off into the wild blue yonder. Visit website for more details.
On the road, you might want to consider using these preventive measures as well.
- Avoid chewing on ice, chewing gum, and popcorn kernels. These can easily start a toothache that can’t be stopped until you find an emergency dentist.
- Don’t use your teeth to cut tape, open bags, or pop the top on drinks to avoid broken or chipped teeth.
Dealing with a Dental Emergency
Even with the best of preparation, you can end up with a dental emergency at any time on a trip. If you end up with a toothache, follow the tips below until you can get to an emergency dentist.
- Clean your mouth with warm water to try to get the pain to go away and loosen anything that might be stuck in the affected tooth.
- Gently try to brush and floss to try and curb some of the pain
- Never put aspirin or other painkillers directly on the tooth as you may burn your gums.
These are just a few tips to help you deal with a toothache when you are traveling. Prevention is of course the best thing you can do, but accidents do happen. If you have a dental emergency, you can contact Stephanie M Busch – Abbate DDS PLC as well for treatment.