Fantastic Flooring Installation in Charleston, SC
Despite the initial costs, solid hardwood flooring is amazingly beautiful and will generate gasps of awe from all those who see it. The beauty and durability is difficult to argue against. If you’re interested in having a solid hardwood floor installed, there are a number of reliable and experienced companies that will offer an obligation free quote. It is even possible to find one in your local area, including flooring installation in Charleston, SC.
The Benefits of Wooden Floors
You might be thinking that the expensive outlay for wooden flooring installation is simply not worth its aesthetic value. But have you ever considered that there are other very tangible benefits to having a solid wooden floor installed in your home? Consider the following advantages as a starting point:
- Durability and Longevity: Solid wooden floors can last for decades if they are of premium quality. This is more than can be said for cheap carpets that attract mold, dust and other debris!
- Easy Clean: Because you have no dust-ridden carpet to vacuum, wooden floors are much easier to clean. It’s entirely possible to simply give them a quick brush each day just to remove any debris, and you can even vacuum them lightly. The other advantage is that stains that would normally be tough to remove from carpet, including wine or mud, will simply wipe off wooden floors without extra fuss.
- Hygiene: Carpets get clogged with dust, dirt and other nasty stuff very quickly if not kept absolutely spotless and steam cleaned, but wooden floors are very easy to maintain and easy to sanitize on a daily basis. There are even stories of maggots and other insects making homes for themselves in filthy carpet. This is not a problem for the wooden floor! And for those with allergies, or pets, the added hygiene of a quality wooden floor is a great bonus.
- Scratches and Damage: You might be thinking that a polished wooden floor would be easy to scratch. While it does happen, did you also know that it’s easy to repair that damage? Once you decide to repair those scratches and scrapes, just sand back the finish and re-polish. Your wooden flooring will look as good as new, and it’s a whole lot less expensive than investing in new carpet every five years or so.
- Fashion: Unlike carpet styles, which go in and out of fashion, wooden floors possess a timeless quality. Consider the wooden floors in old churches and other historic buildings that have withstood the test of time and tastes.
- Value: Another bonus is that wooden floors actually add value to a home. They are great to walk on, feel warm underfoot even in winter, are easy to clean, and simply look fantastic. If you ever decide to sell your house, that wooden flooring installation you invested in will pay for itself in resale value alone.