Fun Facts About Cosmetic Injectable Dermal Fillers in Las Vegas
Dermal fillers have been quietly overtaking Botox as the number-one go-to for patients who are looking for a more youthful appearance than time has left them. While the reasons for this are many, there is also an overabundance of fun facts that relate to Cosmetic Injectable Dermal Fillers in Las Vegas.
- The use of dermal fillers dates back to over 100 years ago. The procedure was invented in the early 1800s by Robert Gersuny, who was an Austrian physician who was experimenting with petroleum jelly and paraffin as the main plumping ingredients. These two ingredients remained incredibly popular up until the 1920s when a procedure performed on the Duchess of Marlborough went awry and permanently disfigured her. The damning procedure involved injecting hot paraffin wax into her nose.
- As of the year 2015, Cosmetic Injectable Dermal Fillers in Las Vegas reigned as the second-most popular cosmetic procedure in the United States. By far, the most popular filler for dermal plumping is hyaluronic acid. Over two million procedures are performed annually using this method.
- The fillers are not permanent. This is good in the event someone is not pleased with the result but does mean that if one wants the continued effects that dermal fillers bring, they must undergo the procedure periodically. Experts say there is no need to worry about overdoing the procedures as it would take a great effort to over pump the skin. A general rule of thumb is to use one syringe per decade of life.
- Some dermal fillers encourage the growth of collagen where the filler is injected. This means that the patient may actually need to use less and less as time goes on since the body will be naturally producing its collagen.
- Injectable dermal fillers are not just for women. In fact, use by men continues to rise at a rate of approximately 6% per year.
Visit us for more information in regards to the many benefits of injectable dermal fillers and the happiness it can bring to one’s life. Don’t let time wreck havoc on the body and skin, check out dermal fillers today.