What To Expect From The Bail Bonds Process When Calling A Licensed Bail Bonds Company
Most people have no idea what to expect when they find they need to contact a Licensed bail bonds company for help. While it is true that the process may be complicated, there is really nothing to fear. The company is there to help you every step of the way. Here is what to expect from start to finish:
1. When the defendant is arrested, they must wait in jail until the bail hearing. The judge at this hearing will set the amount of the bail that the defendant is required to pay, or “post”, to get out of jail.
2. Once the bail amount is set, it is time to call the bail bondsman. Before you call, it is necessary to have the following information available: full name of the defendant, what jail the defendant is in, the booking number, and the charges they are facing.
3. Do not be afraid to call in the middle of the night. A Licensed bail bonds company should be available 24 hours a day due to the nature of their business. If they are not, look elsewhere.
4. If you live relatively close to the jail, the bondsman can most likely meet you there to post the bond. If you are not nearby, payments can usually be handled over the phone or via the internet.
5. Expect to pay 10 to 15 percent of the bail amount as a non-refundable fee to the bondsman. If the bail is considerably high, collateral may need to be signed over to ensure the defendant shows up to court. Once the fee has been paid and, if necessary, collateral has been signed over, the bondsman will post the bail, and the defendant will be released from jail. Depending on the size of the facility, it may take up to 24 hours for the defendant to be fully processed through the system.
6. The defendant must show up to court. If this does not happen, the bondsman will be required to pay the court the full amount of the bail. The bondsman will also take possession of any collateral that was signed over. The bondsman will then proceed to locate the defendant and return them to jail.
If you find that you are in need of an experienced bail bondsman, do not hesitate to call All Star Bail Bonds. They are available 24 hours a day to assist you.
Connect with us on Facebook!