What to Know About Custom Metal Fabrication in Pascagoula Mississippi
Metal fabrication is a value added process that involves constructing machines and structures from different raw materials. Examples of commonly fabricated metals include stainless steel, aluminum, magnesium, iron, brass, copper, and bronze. The earliest form of fabrication was performed around 4200BC. Copper was used to make jewelry and crude tools. Today, metal fabrication entails the use advanced tools and processes, as well as a variety of metals. The most significant development in these recent times is the use of computers in designing and programming. Computers allow fabrication shops to produce metal products in a variety of shapes and sizes. If a manufacturer requires a non-standard product or component, custom metal fabricators can provide design and production assistance for these made-to-order parts. Here are some important details to know about custom metal Fabrication in Pascagoula Mississippi.
Types of Custom Metal Fabrication Services
Custom metal fabrication is essential in all phases of the product development process. Some common custom fabrication services include:
1. Design: It is the process of conceptualization, creation and analysis of the exact component or product features.
2. Building: It is the actual construction of the product.
3. Finishing and assembly: These are post-fabrication treatments done to enhance the quality of the metal product.
Custom Product Design
Manufacturing a unique metal product often requires efficient design and planning. Improper design and planning can result in a product with wrong dimensions, structural weaknesses and other unwanted characteristics that comprise quality. Methods of product design include:
1. Conceptualization: Conceptualization is used when the metal fabricator is provided with a general idea of how the product should look and which features are important.
2. Computer Aided Design (CAD): This is a computer program that provides the fabricator with a three-dimensional representation of their product.
3. Tooling Design: This product design method is used when designing specialized production tools.
After the product has been designed, the manufacturing process can begin. The method of fabrication used depends on the product being manufactured. Common metal fabrication processes include casting, drawing, forging, extrusion, welding, drilling, and milling. Later, post-fabrication processes such as finishing and assembly are done to ensure the product achieves the intended specifications.
These are some important details to know about the process of custom metal Fabrication in Pascagoula Mississippi. For additional details about metal fabrications, and how to contact a reputable custom metal fabricator, please visit website.