What You Need to Know About VNA and Hospice’s Palliative Care Program
Palliative Care is a term that gets thrown around a lot when it comes to elder care services, yet few families really understand what it involves. This is a type of specialized medical care for individuals who are living with a serious or terminal illness. It focuses on taking care of their basic needs and keeping them safe, while also working to provide relief from their symptoms and to help reduce the level of stress they and their families are facing, no matter what the diagnosis might be. The goal is to improve quality of life for the patient as well as their family by doing what they can to take care of any physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs. Our program for palliative care in Monterey has been used for cases such as terminal cancer, COPD, ALS, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and more.
The Benefits of Palliative Care in Monterey
When you choose VNA and Hospice care for your loved one, everyone can benefit. Here are some of the key ways:
- We work to achieve and maintain the highest quality of life and care.
- We focus on managing symptoms in a safe and secure environment at home.
- Utilization of a medical care team, including your own physician(s), to ensure balanced care.
- Implementation of suitable interventions in care at the end to avoid undesired hospitalizations.
- Works to advocate for the patient in terms of final wishes and medical intervention.
- Simplifies communication of symptoms and treatment choices between the individual and family.
- Spiritual Counselor available to help with spiritual needs and end of life guidance.
- Works alongside any specific treatments that are being ordered to help extend life.
Contact Us Today
If you have a loved one in need of palliative care in Monterey or the neighboring communities, call VNA and Hospice today and let us help you and your loved one during this difficult time.