Things To Know About Using A Hydraulic Cylinder in Aurora
Hydraulic cylinders are also known as hydraulic motors. They are technically mechanical actuators that produce force in one direction via a piston ramming down on hydraulic fluid which in turn produces pressure on a second piston. It is this second piston that produces the greater force. A Hydraulic Cylinder in Aurora is made up of many different parts that each has a different function. The main parts of a cylinder and their functions are as follows.
• Cylinder Barrel. The barrel is the part of the cylinder that holds the internal pressure in.
• Cylinder Cap. The chamber is enclosed at one end by the cylinder cap. It is typically connected by either welding or being bolted to the body.
• Cylinder Head. The chamber is enclosed at the other end by the cylinder head. It is connected to the body by threading or by being bolted.
• Piston. The piston functions by keeping the pressure zones separate inside the cylinder barrel.
• Piston Rod. This part connects the actuator to the part of the machine that performs the work.
• Seal Glands. These allow for the easy removal of the seals.
• Seals. Seals prevent oil from leaking from the pressurized body of the hydraulic cylinder.
There are two types of hydraulic cylinders used for industrial purposes. These would be a tie rod cylinder and a welded body cylinder. Tie rod cylinders are standardized per the National Fluid Power Association so that the cylinders made by different manufacturers share the same mountings. Welded body hydraulic cylinders are most commonly used in heavy equipment and construction work.
If you are in need of repair to a Hydraulic Cylinder in Aurora, contact Miller Hydraulic Service Inc. They have been in the business of repairing all manner of hydraulic components for over 20 years. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any type of emergency repair. They take pride in their work and stand behind everything they do on your hydraulic equipment. They have a deep love of the business, and it shows in their honesty and commitment to customer satisfaction and in getting the job done right the first time.